Pre-planning your funeral is the process of making decisions about your funeral arrangements in advance. This can help to ensure that your wishes are carried out and that your loved ones are not burdened with making difficult decisions at a time of grief.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
There are many benefits to pre-planning your funeral. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Peace of mind: Knowing that your wishes are taken care of can give you peace of mind. This is especially important if you have a family history of certain diseases or conditions, or if you have specific religious or cultural beliefs about death and dying.
- Financial savings: Pre-planning can help you to save money on your funeral by locking in prices and avoiding unexpected costs. This is especially important in today's economy, where the cost of funerals is constantly rising.
- Convenience: Pre-planning can make things easier for your loved ones by taking the burden of decision-making off of them. This can be especially helpful if your loved ones are not familiar with the funeral planning process or if they are grieving your loss.
There are two main types of pre-planning: financial pre-planning and service pre-planning.
- Financial pre-planning involves setting aside money to cover the cost of your funeral. This can be done through a variety of means, such as purchasing a funeral insurance policy, setting up a trust fund, or simply saving money in a designated account.
- Service pre-planning involves making decisions about the specific details of your funeral, such as the type of service you want, the music you want to be played, and the people you want to be involved.
How to get started
There are a few different ways to get started with pre-planning. Contacting our funeral home is a good start. Speaking to one of our Directors can offer insights and make your decisions easier.
When you are first getting started, it is important to think about what is important to you. What kind of service do you want? What kind of music do you want to be played? Who do you want to be involved? Once you have a general idea of what you want, you can start to make specific decisions.
It is also important to be realistic about your budget. Joseph B. Paul Jr. Funeral Service & Cremation has many service options along with payment plans that can fit within your budget. Pre-planning and pre-paying with our insurance program can help lock in todays costs saving your family this expense in the future.